Simple Review 3.0.8 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.7 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Also don’t forget to download the new search plugin.
The release contains some Joomla 1.6 fixes for user reviews and various smaller fixes and changes. Full list:
- New. When writing a review the ‘select category’ step is removed if there is only one category.
- New. Added star rating ability to forms.
- New. Option to show/hide the review alias on the user review form (defaults to hidden).
- New. Google image search for selecting user review images.
- New. Review and category aliases are now optional. If not entered it will be generated from the name.
- Fix. Issues with including jQuery and jQueryUI.
- Fix. Frontend user review listing not allowing editing.
- Change. Updated to jQuery 1.6.1.
- Change. Tidied up user reviews form (more to come).
- Change. User review alias is always filtered (based on tag configuration alias replacement setting).
Version 3.0.7 of the Simple Review search plugin has been released. It now works with Joomla 1.6 and boasts improved search results. You can download it here. If you are upgrading, uninstall the old one first and then install this.
Simple Review 3.0.7 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.6 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Some new features as mentioned here.
- New. Support for comments using Disqus.
- New. Support for reCAPTCHA.
- Fix. Category and Review image selector Joomla 1.6.
- Fix. Backend review filter and pager issue.
- Fix. Content plugins Joomla 1.6.
- Change. The default comment template has been simplified and the orange has been removed.
- Change. The default review listing template (category.css) has been changed and the alternating background colour has been replaced by a top and bottom border. This is due to not currently having nice transparent star icons.
- Change. Categories and Reviews default to being published.
Simple Review 3.0.6 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.5 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Version 3.0.6 adds some long overdue features as well as fixing some PHP errors. A small but strongly recommended update.
- New. Can now delete custom fields.
- New. Can sort reviews in the backend.
- Fix. Deprecated errors in PHP 5.3.
- Fix. Comment display template undeclared PHP error.
- Fix. In the backend item listing the unpublished icon was displaying as published.
- Fix. Error if editing a review which has a long category field.
Simple Review 3.0.5 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.4 users (download).
The Top and Latest review modules have also been updated to support Joomla 1.6 as well as the ability to show the rating as a star rating.
- New. Support for JomSocial.
- Fix. A problem with the pager in Joomla 1.6.
- Fix. Added pager css classes to category review listing (Joomla 1.6).
Simple Review 3.0.4 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.3 users (download) – a word of warning, the upgrade is quite large.
The main addition is support for Joomla 1.6. It may contain some issues so please treat Joomla 1.6 support as being a beta.
- New. Joomla 1.6 support (beta).
- Fix. When editing a review on a site with a lot of users then author combobox causes issues.
- Fix. Editing a banned IP may result in an undefined method PHP error.
- Fix. Top Rated Review widget layout on some Joomla templates.
- Fix. Cancel button not working on configuration page.
Development is currently under way on Joomla 1.6 compatibility. The current Simple Review development build installs on Joomla 1.6 and runs with some errors. I expect the next version of Simple Review (
3.0.3 3.0.4) to support Joomla 1.6 (most likely with some small issues).
Just remember that Joomla 1.6 will require PHP 5.2+ and MySQL 5.0.4+, at the moment I intend to keep Simple Review compatible with PHP 4 and MySql 4.