Simple Review 3.0.9 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.8 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Note for Upgraders: Some of the default templates have been modified. Please follow the instructions in readme.txt.
It is recommended to use Disqus as the comment provider rather than the built in one (Simple Review -> Configuration -> Comments -> Comment Provider). You can see an example of Simple Review using Disqus here. Version 3.0.9 adds the ability to export your existing comments in Simple Review and import them into Disqus.
- New. Added support for getting comment avatars from phpBB via JFusion.
- New. Comments can now contain new lines.
- New. Can export existing Simple Review comments to Disqus.
- Fix. Issue with allowing multiple comments for a user per review and the star rating.
- Fix. If review listing paging is turned off (Category config ‘Number of displayed Reviews’ > 0) don’t show ‘Display #’.
- Change. Made the frontend review filters linkable. This also fixed some issues with the pager.
Simple Review 3.0.8 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.7 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Also don’t forget to download the new search plugin.
The release contains some Joomla 1.6 fixes for user reviews and various smaller fixes and changes. Full list:
- New. When writing a review the ‘select category’ step is removed if there is only one category.
- New. Added star rating ability to forms.
- New. Option to show/hide the review alias on the user review form (defaults to hidden).
- New. Google image search for selecting user review images.
- New. Review and category aliases are now optional. If not entered it will be generated from the name.
- Fix. Issues with including jQuery and jQueryUI.
- Fix. Frontend user review listing not allowing editing.
- Change. Updated to jQuery 1.6.1.
- Change. Tidied up user reviews form (more to come).
- Change. User review alias is always filtered (based on tag configuration alias replacement setting).
I have had a bit of a change of heart, there will be some more 3.x releases.
Some things to expect in 3.0.8:
- Some users have reported issues with user submitted reviews, so as well as investigating these issues I am cleaning up the submit review form.
- The form for submitting comments and reviews now uses a star widget for rating instead of a text box (if enabled). I have chosen to use RateIt which is a jQuery plugin by Gidon.
- If you only have one review, then the select category step is removed when writing a review.