Simple Review 3.0.8 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.7 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Also don’t forget to download the new search plugin.
The release contains some Joomla 1.6 fixes for user reviews and various smaller fixes and changes. Full list:
- New. When writing a review the ‘select category’ step is removed if there is only one category.
- New. Added star rating ability to forms.
- New. Option to show/hide the review alias on the user review form (defaults to hidden).
- New. Google image search for selecting user review images.
- New. Review and category aliases are now optional. If not entered it will be generated from the name.
- Fix. Issues with including jQuery and jQueryUI.
- Fix. Frontend user review listing not allowing editing.
- Change. Updated to jQuery 1.6.1.
- Change. Tidied up user reviews form (more to come).
- Change. User review alias is always filtered (based on tag configuration alias replacement setting).
Simple Review 3.0.7 has been released (download). An upgrade is available for 3.0.6 users (download, unzip and then follow instructions).
Some new features as mentioned here.
- New. Support for comments using Disqus.
- New. Support for reCAPTCHA.
- Fix. Category and Review image selector Joomla 1.6.
- Fix. Backend review filter and pager issue.
- Fix. Content plugins Joomla 1.6.
- Change. The default comment template has been simplified and the orange has been removed.
- Change. The default review listing template (category.css) has been changed and the alternating background colour has been replaced by a top and bottom border. This is due to not currently having nice transparent star icons.
- Change. Categories and Reviews default to being published.
A small update on upcoming and planned releases.
In the next few weeks: 3.0.7
This will most likely be the last 3.x release.
The default comment template will be updated and the much complained about orange background has been removed.
Support for Disqus comments has been added. Disqus comments provides a pleasant commenting experience with many more options including, a global commenting account e.g. use the same account to comment on Simple Review, engadget.com and ign.com, Twitter & Facebook integration, powerful moderation tools, reply to specific comments and notifications. While Disqus won’t allow us to leave a rating, it will allow us to “like” and “dislike” reviews as well as individual comments.
Some other features around comments and fixes will also be added if time permits.
Some big changes and polish are planned for version 4.0. The first thing that will be focused on will be making review templates editable online and providing common options to turn on/off in templates.
We will be requiring your feedback for the direction of this release.